Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

    Originally posted by BrianW View Post
    Slats,

    Just thought of another:

    A Mother-In-Law: Very ugly and bothers you all day
    pure class!

    Comment


    • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

      Originally posted by BrianW View Post
      A Paula Radcliffe: Not quite as ugly as a Sally but runs further.

      A Son-in-Law: Not what we expected but it will have to do
      LMAO

      Knew the Paula definition but the son-in-law was a new one.

      Comment


      • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

        Sister - in - Law. Your up there but you know you shouldn't be! (feel free to moderate!)

        Comment


        • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

          Originally posted by wicket94 View Post
          Sister - in - Law. Your up there but you know you shouldn't be! (feel free to moderate!)
          Wrong! Funny, but wrong!

          Comment


          • Unwanted free lessons!

            A strange thing to moan about I know, but I keep going to the range to work on the three skills and the very friendly pro there gives me a free lesson. The trouble is if you're working on the 3sk you can't mix it with conventional teaching and this is what is happening, I was videoed and subsequently horrified to see my horrible-looking swing!
            He wants to implement massive changes that feel just terrible even though they are no doubt correct moves.
            Now it's Sunday morning and I'm about to go and play in the club comp knowing how bad my swing looks . . . . the thing is I've never played better than I have this last couple of months, but this image has got into my head and really thrown me off!

            Comment


            • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

              That's weird. I am having the same problem. The pro at my range tends to keep a watchful eye out. Now I have got myself stuck between my 2 swings again and it is a comp this morning! What we need is a 3sk instructor to come and do demo days at our ranges so the other pro's can get informed.
              Brian

              Comment


              • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                Hi,

                I'm just about to buy the book. Are your swings then, using the 3skills that different from a conentional swing?

                From what I read from these threads the skills were drills and images but didnt really touch the swing mechanics itself, putting you in great ball striking positions.

                I didnt know it had a big change on your swing. What did your swing look like in the video? The impression from your thread its not too good or is this an over-reaction??

                What have you other 3skillers thought of your new swings?

                Comment


                • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                  You do not have to concentrate on the swing, just the contact. I ignored the pro and did the 3sk in the comp today and I did good.
                  Brian

                  Comment


                  • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                    Originally posted by miffin View Post
                    You do not have to concentrate on the swing, just the contact. I ignored the pro and did the 3sk in the comp today and I did good.
                    Brian
                    good for you brian
                    i have let a couple of thing distract me of late and the quality of the strike hasnt been as good
                    im off to the range tonight to put it right

                    Comment


                    • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                      Originally posted by wicket94 View Post
                      Hi,

                      I'm just about to buy the book. Are your swings then, using the 3skills that different from a conentional swing?

                      From what I read from these threads the skills were drills and images but didnt really touch the swing mechanics itself, putting you in great ball striking positions.

                      I didnt know it had a big change on your swing. What did your swing look like in the video? The impression from your thread its not too good or is this an over-reaction??

                      What have you other 3skillers thought of your new swings?
                      3 skills is complementary to any good swing. Just about all good ball strikers at any level already carry out the 3 skills they just don't call it that.

                      3 Skills does not tell you how to make your swing or what style to use, it rather suggests that if the skills are executed your swing will improve anyway. As I had a pretty good swing before adopting 3 skills I cannot talk as someone who began with the system from the start, it has however given me a good insight and understanding to a number of things that were a little grey or unclear, this has certainly taken my ball striking to a new level.

                      I would stick my neck out and suggest that if you have a one or two plane swing, a Joe Dante or Leslie King, a Butch Harmon or David Leadbetter, a Nick Bradley or Moe Norman swing then 3 skills will still enhance your ball striking.

                      I hope this helps your understanding.
                      Last edited by BrianW; 11-18-2007, 06:49 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                        Thanks for the encouragement. We got 19 points from the 12 holes and I got 17 of them. 3sk forever.

                        Brian

                        Comment


                        • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                          Originally posted by miffin View Post
                          Thanks for the encouragement. We got 19 points from the 12 holes and I got 17 of them. 3sk forever.

                          Brian
                          Brian,

                          I am so glad to see the results of you sticking with it. After a slightly troublesome start you have come through. Great!

                          Comment


                          • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                            The video of my swing really put me off when I played on Sunday - I was all over the place thinking about not coming over the top and hacked around for 31 points. At this point I have three or four different ways of hitting the golf ball and when it goes wrong with one I jump to another.
                            I haven't practised the 3sk enough yet (partly due to my over-helpful pro!) and all I do on the course is use the visualization of the ball going to target with a draw shape.

                            Comment


                            • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                              Originally posted by mariner View Post
                              The video of my swing really put me off when I played on Sunday - I was all over the place thinking about not coming over the top and hacked around for 31 points. At this point I have three or four different ways of hitting the golf ball and when it goes wrong with one I jump to another.
                              I haven't practised the 3sk enough yet (partly due to my over-helpful pro!) and all I do on the course is use the visualization of the ball going to target with a draw shape.
                              hi mariner
                              stay away from the pro and practice 3skills drills exclusively
                              from experience i can tell you that it will fall into place.
                              i got distracted from it and my form dipped but as soon as i concentrated solely on it then it came back.
                              good luck

                              Comment


                              • Re: i used the 3 skills and nailed it!

                                Hi there guys, Kevin McDonald PGA and Authorised 3sk Instructor here.
                                Some good news, we have been featured in the latest edition of Golf Punk magazine (december 07') issue.
                                On Sarah Stirk's article page. (page 27)
                                Tell all your friends about the book 'Nail It'.
                                Would make a great christmas present for anyone you know who likes golf or is thinking about taking it up.
                                Peace and good golfing to you all. (big hello to all the arden boys) I went out the other day for 9 holes around Hersham Village GC and I actually putted well .
                                Coupled with excellent ball striking I done alright.
                                Kev.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X