Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not drawing but hooking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not drawing but hooking

    My 3skills has been coming on lately with my push gradually changing into a draw.

    Yesterday though my nascent draw mutated into a fiercesome hook.

    Whilst obviously I'd welcome comments on "the hook" generally what I'm really interested in is whether any of you other 3-skillers have been through this process.

  • #2
    Re: Not drawing but hooking

    Yep,

    It will soon dissapear, it happens when you are still coming into the ball from down the line.

    When you started,,,,, you (i'm guessing) came from out to in slightly holding the face down the line 'hence fade',

    You progress with 3sks you then come in down the line, slightly better than the fade but now with the rotation..................hence slight hooks..................

    keep going as you come from more inside a Quote "fierce hook" but it starts way out right first and finishes down the middle.........


    Keep working mate you nearly there.................don't worry.


    Ian.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Not drawing but hooking

      Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
      Yep,

      It will soon dissapear, it happens when you are still coming into the ball from down the line.

      When you started,,,,, you (i'm guessing) came from out to in slightly holding the face down the line 'hence fade',

      You progress with 3sks you then come in down the line, slightly better than the fade but now with the rotation..................hence slight hooks..................

      keep going as you come from more inside a Quote "fierce hook" but it starts way out right first and finishes down the middle.........


      Keep working mate you nearly there.................don't worry.


      Ian.
      Cheers Ian

      I'll try not to panic and revert to the pre 3SK swing; luckily I'm a bit of a fair weather golfer so I'm getting more practice than play at the moment which should help whilst I'm working on this (and my thumb of course )

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Not drawing but hooking

        Yep, I have been doing exactly the same. However, went out today and hooks were turning into draws. If anything drawing a bit more than I wanted but definately not a hook.
        Bri

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Not drawing but hooking

          In the book the relevent section is in visualisation, picture it starting more to the right, I pick a spot about 10yds infront of my ball along the target line and then start it right of that (most of the time), if I come over it or slide forward I also miss the green on the left.

          Tough old game this.............


          Ian.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Not drawing but hooking

            I get a different result to that sometimes. I visualise it starting out to the right. Then it goes straight as a die, slightly right and does not draw at all so I end up right of target!
            Bri

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Not drawing but hooking

              Miffin,

              Then that is perfect, all you need to do now is the rotation past your chin, if it goes straight right then you are moving your body through to fast,.............wait untill your hands have gone through the ball.

              Sounds to me like you guys are just a couple of shots of that eureka moment.

              Ian.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Not drawing but hooking

                Great, that is very encouraging, thanks. I shot 89 today which is the best I have done since re-starting. Course a bit short though but conditions not great.
                Bri

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Not drawing but hooking

                  Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
                  Miffin,

                  Sounds to me like you guys are just a couple of shots of that eureka moment.

                  Ian.
                  On Sunday unfortunately about 92 shots..............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Not drawing but hooking

                    average 92 round.

                    30 putts = 30
                    15 chips = 15

                    Tee shots
                    12 drivers = 12
                    2 resues = 2
                    4 irons = 4

                    Fairway iron shots = 24
                    Fairway wood shots = 5

                    TOTAL 92

                    '47' 3sk shots with 18 tee shots....................

                    Not quite a basket of balls, a good round thou.


                    Ian.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Not drawing but hooking

                      Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post

                      TOTAL 92

                      Not quite a basket of balls, a good round thou.

                      Ian.
                      Thanks.

                      When I joined GTO not only would I have agreed with you but I would also have killed for 92 - especially in yesterday's wind.

                      It's human nature though not to be satisfied and as I've got better I've got more ambitious.

                      Second time round our 9 hole loop was 6 shots better than the first (49 / 43 for those that don't want to do the maths) - now two 43s would have been a nice round for me and set me up for the spring.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Not drawing but hooking

                        What your forgetting is that in spring and certainly summer you will be 20/30 yds longer and also a much better feel good factor, a dam sight less clothing on, your shafts work better, your ball will be softer and draw better, you won't slip on the tees in the frost or get mud splattered in your face at impact......you won't have leggings on, or your cheaper winter shoes and wolly socks, your fingers will not be cold...............your nose will not be dripping snot on your ball at address.

                        I think 92 isn't bad mate.


                        Have faith another 10 weeks or so....hopefully.

                        LOL

                        Ian.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Not drawing but hooking

                          Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
                          Miffin,

                          Then that is perfect, all you need to do now is the rotation past your chin, if it goes straight right then you are moving your body through to fast,.............wait untill your hands have gone through the ball.

                          Sounds to me like you guys are just a couple of shots of that eureka moment.

                          Ian.
                          Many thanks Ian. That has cracked it. I played great last time out trying to do this. Miserable weather but I was getting quite a few draws into target. Hope I can take it into new season.
                          Bri

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Not drawing but hooking

                            Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
                            Miffin,

                            Then that is perfect, all you need to do now is the rotation past your chin, if it goes straight right then you are moving your body through to fast,.............wait untill your hands have gone through the ball.

                            Sounds to me like you guys are just a couple of shots of that eureka moment.

                            Ian.
                            ian , just read this and tried it out today.seemed to work better , as i was getting a better divot, therefore sweet spot etc etc. so if i slow down my body turn how does this produce a better divot?... not trying to introduce swing thoughts , just trying to understand this new swing .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Not drawing but hooking

                              Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
                              What your forgetting is that in spring and certainly summer you will be 20/30 yds longer and also a much better feel good factor, a dam sight less clothing on, your shafts work better, your ball will be softer and draw better, you won't slip on the tees in the frost or get mud splattered in your face at impact......you won't have leggings on, or your cheaper winter shoes and wolly socks, your fingers will not be cold...............your nose will not be dripping snot on your ball at address.

                              I think 92 isn't bad mate.


                              Have faith another 10 weeks or so....hopefully.

                              LOL

                              Ian.
                              The " brutal " conditions you describe, I enjoyed that, had a good wee giggle especially when describing the function of the nose ! We moved here a year ago January to move to a much more favourable climate. We thought, this is brilliant, just a wee bit of snow in February and my first round of golf was mid March.
                              This year so far, oh well it had to happen, the heaviest snowfall in 25 years, it's been pounding down since mid December. They figure that the local golf course will be lucky to be open by mid April at best. So plod on young man, through the muck and the rain and howling wind, plug your nose when putting and the best of British to you. How lucky you are indeed. By the way, what is this method that you are discussing ?? Cheers.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X