No Arms Equals No Slice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Arms Equals No Slice

This is a video I found and really got a lot out of and wanted to share with everyone. Paul Wilson from Revolution Golf talks about the importance of your golf swing being mostly a shoulders and legs swing. Basically keeping the arms as quiet as possible and letting the bigger muscles do the work.

I have personally worked on this recently and played some of my best golf. It eliminates a lot of push / slice type shots and enables you to develop a slight draw. The golf swing feels easier with less effort and the ball contact is much more solid.

Be interested to know what other members think.

Here's the link No Arms Equals No Slice - YouTube.

Re: No Arms Equals No Slice

Hi krudler ace

Been following Paul Wilson a bit of late. I have to say he has helped my game tremendously!

He is spot on

Mahbo

Comment

Originally posted by mahbo View Post
      Hi krudler ace

Been following Paul Wilson a bit of late. I have to say he has helped my game tremendously!

He is spot on

Mahbo
      I agree, he has some good ideas on how to create club head speed with relaxed arms.

Comment

I'm also trying Paul's methodology.

Swinging with passive hands and arms that are solely driven by the turning of the legs takes some getting used to - especially from a former "arms" swinger like me.

I played yesterday trying to follow his teachings for the first time with mixed results. Nearly every drive was straight, long and in the fairway. Distances varying from 250 to 280 yards. These distances were no better than those from my previous multitude of swing techniques but consistency of direction and dispersion were much improved - and it felt effortless! Didn't notice any draws or slices.

I still had trouble getting onto my front foot and finishing in a picture book style with the club across my back and facing the target (but then I always have). I guess I've always felt worried that to do so would result in blocks to the right or slices and I can't seem to get myself to actually do it. Yet some instructors say it happens automatically. Personally none of my playing partners finish "properly" and neither do most of the other golfers in our club.

Another thing was my iron play. I hit some amazingly good shots and some terrible hacks. I guess it's just a question of practice with the new method.

I'm not sure whether the wrists should get involved in this swing as the arms and hands are passive.

When I played I didn't actively use anything from my shoulders to my fingertips apart from my arms on the backswing and relied on a gravity-driven release and the turning of my lower body to close the clubface.

Any ideas on how to finish properly and what wrist action (if any) with this swing?

Thanks,

Ken
        Last edited by kennyc; 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X