Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flattening Out Swing Plane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flattening Out Swing Plane

    I've recently been working on flattening out my swing plane to stop the over the top golf shots. I found this great video by Jim Williams that offered an easy solution.

    Here it is http://youtu.be/ydHFuk1BACk.

    I'm interested to hear of other members that may have had the same problem and what they did to correct it?

    Cheers

  • #2
    Re: Flattening Out Swing Plane

    I find making a wide backswing helps to keep the plane shallower. A narrow backswing will help to create a steep chopping action in the downswing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Flattening Out Swing Plane

      Like Brian, making a wide backswing helps. Keeping your hands quiet for as long as you can (ie don't use them to snatch the club away) will help.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Flattening Out Swing Plane

        Another real simple drill is the head cover under the armpit drill. No fancy gadgets needed and you still see it used on the practice grounds on tour! Great for helping to keep the arms and body working together. I have seen players do this under both armpits, the right armpit (for right hander) would help promote a flatter swing plane.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Flattening Out Swing Plane

          Originally posted by KrudlerAce View Post
          I've recently been working on flattening out my swing plane to stop the over the top golf shots. I found this great video by Jim Williams that offered an easy solution.

          Here it is http://youtu.be/ydHFuk1BACk.

          I'm interested to hear of other members that may have had the same problem and what they did to correct it?

          Cheers
          Hi krudler ace


          Checked out the video. Like his points. But is there a risk that we can develop too flat of a swing plane on the backswing with the opposite effect of coming back too steep? Can this happen if following this tip to extreme? Thoughts?

          Mahbo

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Flattening Out Swing Plane

            Originally posted by mahbo View Post
            Hi krudler ace


            Checked out the video. Like his points. But is there a risk that we can develop too flat of a swing plane on the backswing with the opposite effect of coming back too steep? Can this happen if following this tip to extreme? Thoughts?

            Mahbo
            Very true Mahbo,

            It's important to try and find a happy medium so it doesn't become too flat. Personally I think a too flat golf swing is better than being too steep. Regards

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Flattening Out Swing Plane

              Originally posted by KrudlerAce View Post
              Very true Mahbo,

              It's important to try and find a happy medium so it doesn't become too flat. Personally I think a too flat golf swing is better than being too steep. Regards

              Well Jason dufner has a pretty flat swing. He's pretty handy with the stick!

              Comment

              Working...
              X