Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great Site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A great Site

    I like this site a lot, it has a great community and many people with a wealth of golfing experience.

    The people that run it and give their professional advice supply a good resource to golfers looking for help. It is also a great forum for debate and even though many things in golf can be subjective we can learn so much from others views.

    Inevitably there will be times where lines get crossed, tempers frayed and people leave, just like there are people joining and contributing as new members. The site in its entirety is and will remain a great resource for those that love this game. I would like to express my gratitude to the likes of Greg Hutton, Greg Willis, Ian Hancock, Ian Slater and Lowpost for the job they do on the site, also the golfing community that I have had the pleasure of knowing here.

  • #2
    Re: A great Site

    Thank you Brian,

    Tiger Woods once said that he listens to 100% of all Golf advice offered then throws away 90% later.

    I have and continue to enjoy my many years here at GTO, although with all you good guys now onboard now we don't have to answer every thread like we used to.

    Ian.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A great Site

      Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
      Thank you Brian,

      Tiger Woods once said that he listens to 100% of all Golf advice offered then throws away 90% later.

      I have and continue to enjoy my many years here at GTO, although with all you good guys now onboard now we don't have to answer every thread like we used to.

      Ian.

      Exactly how I feel. That said, I've still found a way to make 4000 posts

      I tend to keep myself to the equipment threads (obviously) as I'm trying to cut down on my number of sources for swing instruction. The more I learn about the swing, the less inclined I am about offering specific advice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A great Site

        hi
        i agree with Brian and find it friendly and helpful here and there are many different views and opinions and that only add to the forum, you take from it the parts you want or believe but other peoples opinion and views do make you think about things you might never of though off and i have changed my view on things after discussions on here more than once and will probably do again.
        cheers
        bill

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A great Site

          Thanks guys... your kind words are much appreciated. It makes it all worth while

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A great Site

            Originally posted by BrianW View Post
            I like this site a lot, it has a great community and many people with a wealth of golfing experience.

            The people that run it and give their professional advice supply a good resource to golfers looking for help. It is also a great forum for debate and even though many things in golf can be subjective we can learn so much from others views.

            Inevitably there will be times where lines get crossed, tempers frayed and people leave, just like there are people joining and contributing as new members. The site in its entirety is and will remain a great resource for those that love this game. I would like to express my gratitude to the likes of Greg Hutton, Greg Willis, Ian Hancock, Ian Slater and Lowpost for the job they do on the site, also the golfing community that I have had the pleasure of knowing here.
            nice post brian
            i stumbled across GTO when looking for tips on how to stop slicing with driver (never found any) and just stuck around.
            these days i have 3skills so dont read the instruction threads that much because i dont want to contaminate what im practicing, what keeps me coming back is the friendly banter and a wide variety of golf related chatter.
            keep it up guys

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A great Site

              Originally posted by slater170 View Post
              I stumbled across GTO when looking for tips on how to stop slicing with driver (never found any)
              Hey Pedro...

              Here's your long awaited tip for not slicing your Driver......

              Don't hit it....



              Whole heartedly agree with all that Brian said in his op....

              Once again, many thanks to those that deserve it.

              Cheers

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A great Site

                Another signee here for the fully paid member of the Appreciative Club (I use the words 'paid up' loosely, you understand...)

                All the best to all involved - thanks for a fabulous 2007, and here's to an even better 2008

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A great Site

                  Like Slater I stumbled across this site while surfing the net for tips/information to help me improve my game. There were lots of other sites offering info but this is the only one I have stayed with.

                  What makes this site different is the people. They are the kind of people you would choose to 'hang around with' - they are passionate about their golf, willingly offer advice without patronising, are open minded and up for a good debate and most of all have a good sense of humour.

                  I met a number of you at the GTO golf day and this only reinforced the perception of the people that I had created from the website.

                  Keep up the good work guys.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A great Site

                    Agree, agree, agree.

                    Quality site, quality people.................quality.

                    Or, as we say in Essex "Kwalli'y"

                    Last edited by Neil18; 12-13-2007, 10:31 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A great Site

                      Hi Mo,

                      I like you avata, not sure but has he got a spare ball in his right pocket, just incase he pushes one into the scrub........lol.


                      Looking forward to the next GTO day.........I suspect we will have a few more next time.


                      Ian.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A great Site

                        Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
                        Hi Mo,

                        I like you avata, not sure but has he got a spare ball in his right pocket, just incase he pushes one into the scrub........lol.


                        Looking forward to the next GTO day.........I suspect we will have a few more next time.


                        Ian.
                        I think thats his hip joint out of socket due to over leaning

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A great Site

                          Originally posted by Ian Hancock View Post
                          Hi Mo,

                          I like you avata, not sure but has he got a spare ball in his right pocket, just incase he pushes one into the scrub........lol.


                          Looking forward to the next GTO day.........I suspect we will have a few more next time.


                          Ian.
                          I think Sam was very popular with the ladies - now you know why. They said he was good with his long iron.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X